26th Nov 2019, 7:01 PM
Leave the house

 <<First     Latest>>   

Leave the house
You finish your breakfast, and finish working on the beginnings of an electronic dream journal. You sit back and reflect on what Lora said, and how much it could have to do with your current situation.


. . .


Lora.


You were--

she was


you think


maybe



You heave a long, slow sigh. You don't know what you were anymore. She was your girlfriend, probably. That's what she said, and that's what you believed.

She was your girlfriend.

Most of the time.


Just not when it mattered.

You contemplate punting that box into the wall like a turtle shell, but decide that instead it's time to leave the house for a while--go buy some food that isn't 90% sodium and/or meat in quotation marks. You'd normally be averse to sunlight and, god forbid, interacting with other people but fuck it you just got through dying. It's time to live a little.

You give your clothes a quick smell test before throwing them back on and heading out your front door. You lock it on your way out because you have enough monsters in your house already, thanks.



It's definitely not as dirty as Addersfield. The grass doesn't look very enthusiastic, but at least it mostly exists. Your new town is up in the mountains, which you've heard elevates it above the worst of the pollution. The cleaner water is just better general care; Addersfield was pretty small, and everyone running it was ridiculously corrupt. There were two main water filters: one for the city council and their 'business associates', and one for everyone else in town.

YOU HOPE SHE AKFJ;ACFUCKING ENJOYS IT THERE.

Conveniently, you live within walking distance of a bus stop. Chariot MassTransit provides buses all over the state of Misuschaqua, and your ID card is equipped with a Chariot MT Pass. You can continue to take their brand of bus for free for another like, couple of months maybe.

Free bus rides though.



You also realize you have no idea where anything in this town is except for your own house.

 <<First     Latest>>   


Rate this comic:

X X X X X
average rating: 5

26th Nov 2019, 7:42 PM
Might as well wander around, learn more about how the neighborhood is setup.
Maybe even ask folks for places to visit if you feel like it!
26th Nov 2019, 7:43 PM
We could just have a bit of wander, or we could go back inside and look for directions to a grocery store lol. Either way works.
26th Nov 2019, 7:44 PM
Limrix
If we have a smart phone, now would be a good time to check it for grocery stores, otherwise we could check on our computer for the town map and maybe print a picture. It wouldn't hurt to get some baking supplies too, though if we have to take the bus to the store we might need a few trips. That might be more something to work towards.
26th Nov 2019, 7:45 PM
whelp time to explore the town via free bus transit and find out were stuff is
26th Nov 2019, 7:45 PM
Portal In Time
If we're all prepared for the forecasted weather, take a joyride on the bus, and go sightseeing around town while definitely listening to music on your phone and avoiding eye contact with anybody. Take mental notes of places that look interesting/useful like grochery stores, restaurants, or maybe game stores if that's your style.

Once we've had enough, we could take a look at a bus map on our phone to figure out how to get home.
26th Nov 2019, 7:47 PM
Portal In Time
Oh, and if we're listening to music, we're listening to fast music. We don't need to take a nap on the public bus, especially after last night's dream.
26th Nov 2019, 7:48 PM
+1 also might want to go grocery shopping while we are out
26th Nov 2019, 8:07 PM
Before we do anything else, look at the note on the fence. It seems to very conveniently blend in to the background xD.
26th Nov 2019, 8:16 PM
26th Nov 2019, 9:01 PM
26th Nov 2019, 9:16 PM
26th Nov 2019, 10:03 PM
Heroshima
+1. is that even our fence?
27th Nov 2019, 12:23 AM
YetAnother
+1. Does it really matter?
27th Nov 2019, 4:06 AM
26th Nov 2019, 8:11 PM
Frission
Maybe the bus stop has a route map on her side of the sign?
26th Nov 2019, 8:48 PM
26th Nov 2019, 9:34 PM
Xylas_Incarnum
probably should check for a map online, then go do a wander. printing out said map if we've got a printer and there was one online first.
27th Nov 2019, 12:34 AM
Contemplate the possibility of a world with air that's actually transparent, then shrug it off and go exploring.
27th Nov 2019, 1:37 AM
Japster
Go read the sign attached to the fence
27th Nov 2019, 6:17 AM
YetAnother
Try to understand what random letters invading your mind mean